Whether it’s in the winter or the summer, you can get creative and use your hot tubs in various ways.
You can welcome the season with a gathering of family and friends by hosting hot tub events! You can have a hot tub party in the backyard of your house with food, beverages, and drinks.There are various types of hot tub parties that a person can host including a movie night, costume night, potlucks or just the regular hot tub party at home with friends and family.
Pick a Theme
There are so many themes out there, it’s nearly endless. Encourage guests to dress up, have themed food, and provide games that match as well. You can get as creative as you’d like. Here are just a few different kinds of ideas:
- School Spirit: Wear your alumni gear and have a good old rivalry by having games set out.
- Casino Party: Make it a poker night and place some bets!
- Glow in the Dark: Have plenty of glow in the dark stickers and glow sticks at the ready!
- Move Night: If you or a friend has a projector, throw up a movie in the backyard.
- Decade Party: Pick a decade: the ’60s, the ’90s, even early ’00s and bring back some fashion.
- Superhero Party: Halloween isn’t the only time to dress up!
- Harry Potter Party: Speaking of dress up, who doesn’t like magic and wands?
- Treasure Hunt: Perfect for the kids! Set up treasure in the backyard (outside of the hot tub), people can dress up as pirates, and the party is fun for both audiences.
Music is like food to the soul, and everyone loves to listen to some good music. Spice up your hot tub party by playing some great music to make the atmosphere more enjoyable and relaxed. Depending on your theme, start researching for songs and put them on a playlist. Spotify or iTunes is an easy way to organize all your hits! Don’t forget to have a speaker near the hot tub.
Food & Drink
Depending on the season, you’ll want to determine if you’ll be serving cold or hot drinks. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with doing both. Depending on your theme, you can serve snacks and drinks that match! Reusable straws are also easy ways to fancy it up. Visit your local party store to see if they have plates and cups that match your theme!
Especially during winter, it’s important to keep your guests warm. Offer your guests a basket full of towels and blankets for after their hot tub soak. If you have a towel heater, now is a wonderful time to bring it out! Make sure you have a place near the hot tub where people can still hang out. This way, people who are in and out of the hot tub can still converse.
There are so many reasons to plan a hot tub party. Summer, spring, winter or fall – it’s perfect for any season. It’s easy to change your hot tub’s temperature according to the weather so don’t let that stop you from having fun. Pick a theme and start sending out those invitations!